123.hp.com/oj8040 Driver and Wireless Setup
HP Officejet 8040 is a wireless all-in-one inkjet printer. You will be able to centralize your needs with the Neat Organization system. 123.hp.com/oj8040 will help you digitize and organize your files from anywhere. You can back up your data in the 1 TB storage. It makes you manage the printer using a color touchscreen and allows you to print on both sides when you enable the duplex printing option. You will be able to print wirelessly without a Wi-Fi password. With HP Instant Ink technique, you can save up to 50% on ink. This is a full-featured printer model that can help transform your office into a more productive workspace.
123 HP Setup OJ8040 Driver and Manual Download Support
The user guide is a technical document that helps in assisting people who use a particular system. User guides are most commonly associated with software, electronic devices and system hardware. User manuals contain the associated images and a text guide. In case of printer applications, screenshots of the human-machine interface are added to the user guide. A printer driver is a program that controls a printer that is attached to a computer. The driver software will communicate with your printer through the communication subsystem to which the hardware is connected. Drivers are operating system specific and hardware dependent. A printer driver will provide abstraction by acting as a translator between your printer and the operating system.
123 HP Officejet 8040 Driver Download
- Installing the driver software using the Installation CD is relatively simple. A lot of printers have drivers that can be downloaded online.
- The driver for Officejet 8040 can be downloaded from our website 123.hp.com/oj8040. Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to your printer.
- If the USB cable is connected, then disconnect it. From the Windows taskbar, choose Devices and Printers.
- The Devices and Printers window will open. Click Add a printer and the Printer window will open. Now, click Add a Local Printer.
- In the Choose a Printer Port window, select Use an Existing Port. Select the appropriate printer port in the Use an Existing Port drop-down list and click Next.
- Under Manufacturer, select HP. Under Printers, select the appropriate alternate driver for your printer.
- If the alternate HP driver for your printer is not available in the list of results, click Windows Update to provide additional print drivers. The list will be updated and you will be able to choose your printer from the list.
- The Printer Name text box will display the name of your printer. Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the installation. When the installation is complete, the Printer Sharing screen will open depending on the Windows settings.
123 Officejet 8040 Manual Download
- The user manual is a guide that will walk you through the setup procedures (123.hp.com/setup 8040) and troubleshooting steps. The user manual will be provided along with the printer package.
- It would be so much easier if we have taken some time to systematically and patiently learn how the printer operates. You can gain this knowledge by going through the user manual.
- If you want to understand the printer parts, then go through the user manual. You can also download the user manual for your printer from our website 123.hp.com/oj8040.
- A user manual includes a cover page, title page, preface, contents page, a guide on how to use your printer, troubleshooting section, FAQ and glossary.
- Go to the manual download page and enter your printer’s name or model number. On the next screen, select your computer’s operating system and click Go.
For HP Printer Tech Support
How to setup or install HP Officejet 8040 using 123.hp.com/oj8040
Setting up your HP Officejet 8040 printer is a piece of cake when following the step-by-step procedure provided. It starts with unboxing the printer and preparing it for set-up. Begin with placing the box package on a sturdy surface. This is to make sure that the printer does not tumble. Open the package and ensure if it has all the components mentioned.
- The contents include installation CD, power cord, cartridges, setup poster and the user manual for 123.hp.com/setup 8040. Remove all the packing material from the printer. Note that there are tapes present inside the cartridge access door and have to be removed as well.
- Close the cartridge access door when done. Extend the paper width guide and leave your output tray open. Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to the AC outlet on the wall.
- Power on your printer and it will take you through initial settings such as country, date, language etc. After finishing up with the initial settings, the printer should be loaded with A4 paper. Make sure the paper is not damaged and preferably genuine HP manufactured ones.
- The output tray can be extended to accommodate the printed sheets. The cartridge should be inserted by opening the cartridge access door. Since the printer is already turned on, wait for the cartridge carriage to come to a pause state.
- The new cartridges should be removed from the package. You will find that there is a plastic tape present on the underside. This tape has to be completely removed, failing to do so will prevent the printer from being able to print.
- Place the cartridges in their respective holders. The black and color cartridges have their own slots. Secure the cartridges by locking them with the latch provided. This will stop the cartridges from moving around. Close the cartridge access door when done.
123 HP Setup OJ8040 Printer Wireless Setup
- First, make sure your HP Wireless Direct-enabled printer is turned on. Touch the Setup icon from your printer’s control panel. Choose Network Setup 123.hp.com/setup 8040 and click OK. Scroll to Wireless Direct and then press OK.
- Turn on Wireless Direct and press the right arrow button to choose the Wireless Direct Name. Note down the Wireless Direct name and the password. This will be the name for your HP Printer when you search for available printers from your Apple mobile device.
- To change this name, you will need to connect your printer to a wireless network to use the HP Embedded Web Server. Select Wireless Direct Mode and then touch Print Only or Open Network. The Print Only option will allow mobile users to access the printing functions of the printer.
- Users can access the printing function, as well as other printer features if the Open Network option is selected. On your Apple device, tap the Settings icon. The Settings window will open. From the pane on the left side, tap Wi-Fi.
- The wireless settings menu will open. Turn on Wi-Fi and then select the HP Wireless Direct printer’s name. If prompted, enter the Wireless Direct password and click OK. Open the document you want to print and tap the Print icon.
- Choose your printer’s name in the list of printers. Change your print options (size of the text, color and number of copies) if desired and then tap Print. The printer will print the document. If the printer does not print, then reset the settings and try again.
HP Officejet 8040 Ink Cartridge Replacement (123.hp.com/oj8040)
- Open the cartridge access lid by holding the handles on the sides of the lid and lift it up. Uninstall the old or empty cartridges from the printer.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its package. Pull the orange tab to remove the protective tape. Do not touch the copper-colored contact or ink nozzle.
- Slide the new ink cartridge into the cartridge holder. Gently push the cartridge inside the holder until it snaps into place.
- Place the tri-color cartridge in the left slot and the black cartridge in the right slot. Repeat the same steps to install the other cartridge.
- Close the ink cartridge access lid. Pull the paper tray towards you to open it. Push in the photo tray as far as possible. Slid out the paper width guides as far as possible.
- Tap paper on a hard surface to align the stack. Load the stack of paper into the input tray. Slide the paper width guides in until they touch the edge of the paper (123.hp.com/setup 8040).
- Push in the main paper tray until it locks into place. Adjust the print settings using the touchscreen. Wait for the printer to calibrate and align the ink cartridges.
- 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer calibration successful screen will be displayed and an alignment page will be printed. If the alignment page does not print, then manually align the cartridges.