123.hp.com/oj5740 Setup and Driver Install Support
The HP Officejet 5740 printer is specially designed for home and small office. 123.hp.com/oj5740 is an All-in-one printer so it has the capability to Print, Copy, Scan, and Fax. Print your document from anywhere at any time with the help of wireless printing. The printer’s speed for black is up to 12ppm and for color is up to 8ppm. This printer provides a reasonable print quality in both mono and color. The HP Officejet 5740 printer is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. This printer comes with the Automatic Duplex printing feature that makes you print your document on both sides of the page.
123 HP OJ5740 Driver and Manual Download
123 HP Officejet 5740 Driver Download
A driver is an essential for the device to operate properly. Without the driver, you cannot create a communication between the printer and computer so obviously, it is impossible to print a document that is stored on the computer for printing. Make sure that you have installed the proper driver and software on your computer.
- Find the Software Download option from this website 123.hp.com/oj5740 and click on it to get the updated driver and software for the printer.
- For Windows operating system download the .exe file type and for Mac operating system, you have to download the .dmg file type.
- Enter your printer model to download the suitable driver and software for the printer.
- After completing the download process, you can start the installation procedure.
- Install the driver on your system where you have saved the documents for printing.
- During the installation process, you will be instructed to choose the connection type.
- Prior to selecting the connection type, check the printer compatibility and select accordingly.
- Make use of the instructions that are displayed on the screen to complete the installation process successfully.
- Ensure that you have loaded compatible paper inside the input tray. Check whether that you have inserted the cartridges into the proper slot.
- Once you’re done, try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.If the printer functions well, you’re done. You can start to print the desired print job.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Manual Download
Once you buy a new printer, all users will look for the manual for guidance. With the help of manual, you can easily setup and use your printer (123.hp.com/setup 5740) based on the guides that are in the manual. You can just have a glance at the manual to make your printer ready to print a document.
- With the help of user manual, the users can easily set up, troubleshoot and maintain your printer.
- Get directed to our website 123.hp.com/oj5740, search for the Manual Download option and select it.
- Enter your printer model and download the HP Officejet 5740 manual for the printer. Save the downloaded manual on your computer for further reference.
- To setup and troubleshoot the printer (123.hp.com/setup 5740), you can follow the guides that are in the manual to get your printer ready to print a document.
- With the help of guides in the manual, you can also prevent your printer from the issues that you face often such as paper jam, printer offline, print quality and so on.
For 123.hp.com/setup 5740 Printer Tech Support
123 HP Officejet 5740 Ink cartridge replacement
An ink is an essential for the printer to print a document. Though you have installed the latest driver and software, without the ink, you cannot use your printer 123.hp.com/oj5740 to print. Use a genuine HP Officejet 5740 cartridges to print your documents. Make use of the tips that are given below to replace the cartridge of your printer.
- Regular ink cartridge estimate is required to maintain the quality of the document.
- During the estimation, if you find that the cartridge faulty or empty, you have to replace it with a new one.
- Ensure that the printer is powered on. Unlock the top cover of the printer.
- Take off the empty or faulty cartridge from the slot. To replace the tri-color cartridge, remove the ink cartridge from the left slot.
- To replace the black ink cartridge, you need to remove the ink cartridge from the right slot.
- Open a new ink cartridge from the packing material. Unwrap all the stickers and tapes from it.
- Ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridges.
- Place the cartridges into their respective slot. Check whether that the cartridge is clean. If not, the printer will not recognize the cartridge while printing.
- Once inserting the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door. Try to print a sample document to check the quality of the document.
- If the document comes out well with best quality, you’re done. You can continue with the print job.
Quick HP OJ5740 Troubleshooting Guide from 123.hp.com/setup 5740
Though the printer works well, at some point, you might find an issue with the printer. Without retaining the printer to the normal state, you cannot use the printer to print a document. Go through the manual that came with your printer for HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting and rectify the issue. If it doesn’t work out, try with all the basic troubleshooting tips and resolve the printer issue. If you still find an issue with the printer, make use of the procedures that are displayed on this website 123.hp.com/oj5740 and prep your printer to print a document.
123 HP OJ5740 Scanner problem
Prior to starting the scan process, you have to install the latest driver and software on your computer where you have saved the documents or photos for scanning. Go through the tips that are given below to resolve the scanning issue.
- Rebooting the computer and the printer might restore the lost scan connection.
- Check whether your network is working properly and the printer is ready to scan your documents.
- For Wireless connection: Access the Wireless network or Settings menu from the printer’s control panel to ensure that the wireless signal is enabled.
- Connect the HP Officejet 5740 printer and the computer to the same wireless network connection.
- For Wired connection: Ensure that the cable is connected to the printer’s Ethernet port and to an accessible port on the router.
- From your computer, move to the notification area to view the network name and the connection status.
- If you still find an issue, use HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix and resolve the scanning issue easily.
- To rectify the scan issue, uninstall the printer software and re-install the updated driver and software.
- Sometimes, a firewall may cause the issue. Disable the firewall software temporarily on the computer.
- Now, try to scan your document using the printer. If you find an issue on 123.hp.com/oj5740, contact our technical experts on the toll-free number.
123 HP OJ5740 Not printing issues
If you find that the HP Officejet 5740 printer is not printing a document, try with the basic troubleshooting guides to resolve the issue. Make use of the procedures that are listed below to clear the HP Officejet 5740 not printing issue.
- Reboot the printer and try printing a document. If the issue still persists, move to the next step.
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor to identify and resolve the printer’s issue.
- If you use a wireless network connection, ensure that you have placed all the network connected devices within the range of the wireless network.
- Connect the HP Officejet 5740 printer and your system to the same wireless network connection.
- Make sure that you haven’t connected the printer to a guest or host network.
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest driver and software for the printer. It is advisable to use the updated printer driver and software.
- Update the printer firmware regularly. Place papers that are compatible with the printer.
- Do not overfill the printer’s input tray. Estimate the ink level of your cartridge. If you find that the level of the cartridge is empty or faulty, you have to replace it with a new one.
- Before placing the cartridges into the slot, ensure that the cartridges are clean. If not, the printer will not recognize it while printing.
- For more 123.hp.com/oj5740 information, contact our technical support on the toll-free number.