123.hp.com/dj6940 Setup, Install and Driver Download
If you are looking for an efficient inkjet printer that can print high-quality photos and documents for your office setup, the ideal choice for you to buy would be HP Deskjet 6940 printer. 123.hp.com/dj6940 printer supports various media types such as banner paper, cards, envelopes, and photo paper. It is compatible with various media sizes such as 3 in X 5 in, Letter A size, Panoramic A2, and Legal. HP Deskjet 6940 is bundled along with a black ink cartridge and a tri-color ink cartridge, which enables printing documents and photos in both monochrome and color. The maximum print resolution of this printer is 1200 X 1200 DPI for mono and 4800 X 1200 DPI for color documents. It can print up 36 pages per minute for black and 27 pages per minute for color documents. You can connect the HP Deskjet 6940 to a computer using a USB or LAN cable. For more queries related to the printer, call the toll-free number.
123.hp.com/setup 6940 Driver and Manual Download
123 HP DJ 6940 Driver Download
To access the features of HP Deskjet 6940 printer from your computer, you need to install the HP Deskjet 6940 driver. Installing the driver enables you to connect your printer 123.hp.com/dj6940 to the computer or laptop. Do not connect your printer to the computer before installing the driver. Follow the instructions given below to download the HP Deskjet 6940 driver.
- Log in to our website 123.hp.com/dj6940 and check for the Driver Download section. Enter the model number of your printer. A list of OS versions will display; choose the OS version.
- If you choose the wrong OS version, you cannot install the printer driver on your computer. If you attempt to install the driver, your computer will display error messages.
- After choosing the OS version, a list of available printer drivers will display on the screen. It is recommended to download either the full feature driver or the basic.
- Once the file downloads, open the file and run it. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver on your computer.
- When the installer prompts, choose the connection type. Ensure that you don’t connect your printer to the computer before installing the driver.
- Regularly update the printer driver and firmware. Update the firmware to avoid bugs and malfunctions. It also enables new features of the printer.
- If you are using a Windows computer, download and install HP Support Assistant. If you are using a Mac, use Apple Software Update. it notify you,available updates.
- You can also use the CD you received along with the printer to install the driver. The only disadvantage is that this CD might not be updated.
123 HP DJ 6940 Manual Download
HP Deskjet 6940 manual is a personalized guide that navigates you through various steps and procedures involved in setting up of the printer, using the printer, and troubleshooting the printer. Printer manual is one of the accessories of the 123.hp.com/dj6940 printer. If you wish to download the HP Deskjet 6940 manual, follow the instructions given below.
- A hard copy of the HP Deskjet 6940 Manual will be bundled along with the printer. Other accessories of the printer include ink cartridges and power cable.
- The manual educates the user about the mechanism and features of the printer. It helps the user to understand the printer functions and ways to access them.
- Assembling the printer parts and connecting it to a computer or a network could be a strenuous job if you don’t have the HP Deskjet 6940 Manual to assist you.
- Troubleshooting and fixing the printer issues is now simple. Follow the simple steps given in the HP Deskjet 6940 manual to fix the printer issues yourself.
- You can download the HP Deskjet 6940 manual from our website 123.hp.com/dj6940. Enter our website and key in the model number of your printer under the Manual Download section to begin downloading.
For 123.hp.com/setup 6940 Printer Tech Support
HP Deskjet 6940 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Check the estimated level of HP Deskjet 6940 ink from your computer. If the level of ink is too low, you need to replace the old ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge.
- Tap the small ink drop icon on your printer to check the level of ink. You can also the check the level of ink on your printer from your computer.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end directly to a wall outlet. Do not connect it to a power surge. Switch on the printer.
- Wait for the printer to complete the warm-up process. Open the printer cover. The printer cartridge cradle will move to the right side of the printer 123.hp.com/dj6940.
- Press the cartridge latch and pull out the bottom of the latch to open it. Remove the old ink cartridge from its slot.
- Make sure that you get a new genuine HP Ink Cartridge. If you use a non-HP or a non-authentic ink cartridge, it will affect the quality of the document printed.
- Remove the protective tapes on the ink cartridge of 123.hp.com/setup 6940 printer. Push the ink cartridge into the slot. Ensure that you insert the correct ink cartridge into the correct slot.
- Push down the cartridge latch to close the ink cartridge cradle. Close the access door. Try printing a sample document to see if the printer is working.
HP Deskjet 6940 Troubleshooting from 123.hp.com/dj6940
123 HP DJ 6940 Printhead Error
- If you have problems with your HP Deskjet 6940 printer’s printhead, you might not be able to print a document or a photo. You need to clean the printhead.
- If your printer is still under warranty, walk-in to the service center to replace the old printhead with a new one. Replacing printhead will resolve the issue.
- If you have exceeded the warranty limit or period, you might have to buy a new printhead or maybe even a new printer.
- Before resorting to that, try cleaning the printhead of your 123 HP DJ 6940 printer. Ensure that the ink cartridge is not exhausted or dried up.
- Connect the power cord to the printer 123.hp.com/dj6940 and switch on your printer. Open the access door and carefully remove the printhead from the slot.
- Soak it in the hot water and then leave it overnight. Clean the contacts with a lint-free cloth. Let the printhead dry and insert it back into the slot.
- You can even soak the printhead in isopropyl alcohol. This will help you clean the printhead. Gently wipe off the water or alcohol from the printhead before installing it back.
- To clean the printhead, press and hold the power button, press Cancel button twice and Down button twice. This will initiate the 123.hp.com/setup 6940 printhead cleaning process.
123 HP DJ 6940 Not Printing
- If your HP Deskjet 6940 is not printing, it could be because of various reasons such as wrong printer settings, low ink level, or incorrect paper type.
- Restart your printer. Turn your printer 123.hp.com/dj6940 off and disconnect the power cord from the printer. Connect the power cord after a minute and switch on the printer.
- Check the estimated level of ink in your printer. If the level is too low, you need to replace the old ink cartridge with a new one to continue printing.
- Make sure that you use genuine ink cartridges. If you use a non-HP or non-authentic ink cartridges, you will have print and print quality issues.
- Ensure that you have inserted the correct paper type into the paper tray of your printer. If you insert the wrong paper type, your printer might not recognize it.
- Select the ideal printer settings that match the print job on your computer. Customize the quality settings and check if the printer works.
- Try printing a sample document.Update the printer driver or firmware. Check for the availability of firmware updates and download the firmware. Follow the prompted instructions to install it.
- Reset your printer. If the issue persists, resort to servicing your printer 123.hp.com/dj6940. For further assistance, call the toll-free number.