123.hp.com/envy6255 Printer Setup and Install
- The Envy 6255 photo printer can print, scan and copy. It supports borderless and wireless printing.
- The printer includes dedicated paper trays that automatically adjust to match print settings and paper type.
- It has a print speed up to 13 ppm. It has a monthly duty cycle up to 1000 pages.
- The printer 123.hp.com/envy6255 supports HP Thermal Inkjet Print Technology and also includes Automatic Duplex printing feature.
- You can scan and share to email or the cloud virtually from anywhere.
123 HP Setup for Print
The HP Envy 6255 printer has a resolution up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi (when printing from a PC) and a resolution up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color.
123 HP Setup for scan
The scanner is a flatbed type. The printer 123.hp.com/envy6255 supports scan file formats such as RAW, JPG and PDF. Scan has a resolution up to 1200 dpi.
123 HP Setup for Copy
Copy speed for color in draft mode is up to 18 cpm. It has a resolution of 300 dpi for black text and a resolution of 600 dpi for color text and graphics.
HP Envy 6255 Printer Setup and Install for Web
The printer is compatible with USB and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n network. You can get simple Wi-Fi setup in minutes and start printing. Enjoy a steady performance from dual-band Wi-Fi for 123.hp.com/envy6255 queries.
HP Envy 6255 Printer Setup and Install for Photo
Easily print photos from social media, the cloud, and your camera-roll gallery. Print photos from your HP Envy 6255 printer and everyday documents directly from your smartphone or tablet.
123 HP ENVY 6255 Printer Wireless Setup
- After collecting the network name and password, the next step is to ensure that your system and 123.hp.com/envy6255 are prepared for the installation.
- Now, check if your system has an internet access. Make sure that your system, printer, and router are on.
- Ensure that your system is connected to the same Wireless Setup network to which your HP Envy 6255 printer is connected.
- To open or search for the printer folder in the list of installed software programs, it is advisable to use the built-in HP Envy 6255 Wireless Setup Wizard.
- After turning on the printer, select a suitable connection method to connect your printer and then follow the prompts on the control panel.
- It is advisable to install the current version of the full feature software and then select an appropriate method to identify the printer model.
- Make sure that you click the download next to the full feature driver icon or tap Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- Make a note that the HP printers without a touch display can use the USB HP Envy 6255 Wireless Setup method.
- Only when you receive any prompt by the software, make sure that you connect and unplug the cable.
- To get help to configure your printer’s Wireless setup connection, follow 123.hp.com/envy6255 prompts on the screen.
For 123.hp.com/setup 6255 Printer Tech Support
123 HP ENVY 6255 Ink cartridges install and replacement
- The initial step is to check if the 123 HP Setup 6255 printer is on and then pull the edge of the ink cartridge access door to open it.
- Once you lift the cartridge cover, ensure that you pinch the sides of the ink cartridge that you want to replace.
- It is advisable to not remove the cartridge until you are ready to replace it with a new one.
- Once you take out the old ink cartridge from its slot, you can then proceed to the next step.
- Now, check the cable connections and then remove the new ink cartridge that had been shipped with your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer.
- Carefully remove the protective tab on the ink cartridge and then discard the plastic wrap from it.
- Note that the color indications on their tops may help you to identify and insert the ink cartridges properly.
- Please make a note that the blue top indicates it is the colored ink and the blacktop is the black ink.
- The ink cartridge usually has two small plastic tabs on its top that may indicate the ink number.
- It is advisable to check if these tabs are close to you when placing the cartridge into its slot.
- Now, carefully insert 123.hp.com/envy6255 ink cartridge into its slot and then shut the cartridge access door.
123 HP Envy 6255 How to print photos
- Make sure that you load photo paper into the main paper tray based on the tray location and the 123 HP Printer Setup model you have.
- Now, carefully remove any plain paper from the main paper tray and then load the short edge of the photo paper into the tray based on your 123 HP Setup 6255 printer model.
- Load the paper in such a way that the tab faces up or towards you to prevent printing on it if the paper has a perforated tab for handling the photo after it prints.
- Now, open the print window and document properties to set up the print job. Make sure that you edit the photo to modify any appearance settings.
- Ensure that you right-click the photo you want to print, then tap Open with and then select Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.
- There is a possibility that you may notice that the Print or Print Pictures window opens with general print job settings.
- Ensure that you open 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer Document Properties window to access any advanced print settings. Now, tap OK and then click the Print option.
123 HP Envy 6255 Printer Problems
Generally, when printers are in a working state, they are great but when they aren’t it can be extremely frustrating. Many reliable printers can malfunction or stop working entirely at some point. In few cases, the reason is as simple as over- or under use. If you are not using printer on a regular basis, then dried-up ink may block the nozzles. Paper jams may occur if there are any paper clips, hair bands or any other obstructions in the tray. Few 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer problems and their solutions are listed below.
123 HP Envy 6255 Printer Offline
- The foremost step is to reboot your printer by turning it off and then turning it on again. Now, check if it is connected to your PC.
- If the 123 HP Setup 6255 printer is connected to a network, it is necessary to check if the light behind the printer flashes green.
- After tapping the Start button, make sure that you select the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, right-click the printer option and then to display the print spooler window, select the See What’s Printing option.
- Select the Printer model and then make sure that you tap Use Printer Offline to remove the check mark.
- Close the print spooler window and return to Devices and Printers if you notice that the option is in grey color or if the printer does not come online.
- Open a Web browser and make sure that you download the latest driver compatible with your 123 HP Printer Setup.
- When the Troubleshooting link appears in the main window, make sure that you select it.
- Ascertain that you follow the prompts on the screen to identify and fix 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer issue.
HP Envy 6255 Scanner connection error
- Restart the router, printer and Windows PC if you find that the green link is not steady and the orange activity light is not blinking.
- Make sure that you restart devices and check driver scan settings. Now, try to scan. If the error persists, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that your network is working properly and also that the printer is ready for scanning.
- Now, run the Print and Scan Doctor and once it opens, click Fix Scanning to review a list of issues and fixes.
- To check if the 123 HP Setup 6255 printer has passed the tests, observe a white checkmark in the list of results provided. A white wrench may indicate that an issue is repaired.
- Yellow exclamation points may denote that the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.
- If you view a red X, make sure that you follow 123.hp.com/setup 6255 on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
- It is advisable to resolve scan connection issues by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver.
- Make sure that you check Windows Image Acquisition settings and then on your Windows, temporarily disable firewall software from 123.hp.com/envy6255 guide.